General purpose polystyrene is produced by polymerization of the monomer styrene. It is a transparent solid product made from 2 to 5 mm pellets. More elastic, GPPS or crystal-clear polystyrene, is fully transparent, yet more fragile. It is widely used in food packaging applications or jewel cases.
General purpose polystyrene is extremely versatile, and its relatively low cost makes it ideal for a wide range of applications.
|Property GPPS||Units||Test Method ISO||Value|
|Tensile strain at break||%||527||1.5|
|Izod notched impact strength||23 °C||kJ/ m²||180||1.9|
|Izod notched impact strength||-30 °C||kJ/ m²||180||–|
|Heat deflection temperature (HDT)||1.80mPa||°C||75-2Ae||76|
|Vicat softening temperature||50H/50 °C||°C||306/B50||79|
All above apply to thermoplastics immediately after extrusion, with no aging effect.
- Transparent, glossy and clear
- Low shrinkage
- Material compatible with food contact
- Very light
- Good machinability
- Wide selection of patterns
- Exceptional thermoforming characteristics
- Easy to print and paint on
- Decoration in stores and merchandising elements
- Thermoforming, fabricating, printing
- Disposable, eggs boxes, vending cups and cutlery item
- Food containers
- Office stationery
- IT equipment
- Cosmetic boxes, clear boxes and enclosures
- Lamp shield
- XPS boards
- PS foam products
- Food industry
- Cosmetic industry
- Electronic industry
Basic colors are available.
Custom colors available upon request; minimum quantity apply.
Different textures to choose from: