High impact polystyrene provides impact resistant solutions for a variety of applications, including printed graphics, refrigerator interiors, and bath ware. These sheets offer a good combination of dimensional strength, impact resistance and heat resistance. It is also non-toxic, odourless, and easy to produce and machine.
High impact polystyrene is a more durable plastic and these features make it a popular choice.
|Property HIPS||Units||Test Method ISO||Value|
|Tensile strain at break||%||527||25|
|Izod notched impact strength||23 °C||kJ/ m²||180||10|
|Izod notched impact strength||-30 °C||kJ/ m²||180||6|
|Heat deflection temperature (HDT)||1.80mPa||°C||75-2Ae||81|
|Vicat softening temperature||50H/50 °C||°C||306/B50||92|
All above apply to thermoplastics immediately after extrusion, with no aging effect.
- Durability, rigidity
- Design versatility
- High impact strength
- Easy to print and paint on
- Exceptional thermoforming characteristics
- Easy to glue and machine
- Thermal stability
- Scratch-resistant surface
- It has exceptional electrical properties
- High tensile strength
- Material compatible with food contact
- Resistant to most mineral oils, organic acids, alkalines, salts and alcohols.
- I.D. Cards, name Tags and credit card
- Decoration in stores and merchandising elements
- Medical and consumer packaging
- Food Trays & Containers
- Model Making
- Dairy Containers
- Industrial Packaging
- Trays and cultivation table
- Interior cabinet partitions
- Refrigerator interiors furniture
- Car parts
- Medical packaging industries
- Food industries
- Point-of-purchase displays/ Store Fixture
- Printed advertising graphics
- Exhibit/ Trade Show
Basic colors are available.
Custom colors available upon request; minimum quantity apply.
Different textures to choose from: